Escape the studio – join us for a long weekend retreat in the vibrant and beautiful Marrakech. Workshops are held in the tranquil courtyard of our exclusive Riad, or on the roof terrace in the sunshine. Explore the medina, discover the lively souks of the city or relax by the plunge pool.
Learn to develop your aerial flow and find new inspiration on this retreat.
Workshops will help you to evolve your style, our instructors will guide you in experimental transitions, choreography creation, as well as some skill based aerial acrobatics. In the retreat workshops we will be using aerial silks, plus there is also some scheduled self-practice to give you time to develop what you have learnt.
In addition to the aerial workshops there will also be ground-based classes in partner acrobalance and conditioning. All activities and classes are optional, we aim to create a relaxed environment, so if you want to take a day off to chill and explore then by all means do so!
A tranquil oasis in the centre of the bustling and lively Marrakech, our private Riad is exclusively for guests of Aerial Escapes. Chosen for its charm and character, it is a truly unique setting for our workshops.
The Riad has been designed with just five individually styled en-suite bedrooms, a spacious roof terrace with plunge pool and a picturesque central courtyard. Moroccan influenced vegetarian cuisine will be prepared by the in-house cook and guests will enjoy breakfast and a three-course evening meal daily. Surrounded by gardens and in a central location, the Riad is the perfect base from which to explore the city.
WHO IS THIS RETREAT FOR?
If you love to try new things, look forward to making new friends and want to travel the world then this is the Escape for you! We are only offering 8 guest places on each retreat and with multiple instructors this means that each student will receive plenty of personal attention. Teaching will be tailored for each individual student to help you achieve the most out of each workshop.
This retreat is open to those with some aerial experience (in any discipline). The only requirements are that you can climb (on silks/rope) and invert.
- 4 days (3 nights) at our exclusive Marrakech Riad in the heart of the medina
- Individually styled bedroom with en-suite and air conditioning
- A structured training agenda encompassing a variety of styles to help you develop as an aerialist
- Our small retreat size of only 8 guests means personalised training and mentoring
- A complimentary massage treatment, provided in the comfort of the Riad’s massage room
- Daily breakfast and three course evening meal; authentic Moroccan vegetarian cuisine, freshly prepared by the Riad’s own chef
- Roof terrace with plunge pool and chill lounge with wifi access
- Transfers to/from the airport on the first and last day
- Aerial Escapes welcome pack
Sample Daily Schedule
9.30 Aerial Silks Workshop
17.30 Aerial Silks Workshop
- Lunches & Drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Tourist Tax*
*approx. £2 per person per day
Twin Room £620 (per person)
2 single beds, 2 people per room, en-suite bathroom
Shared Room £580 (per person)
Come with a friend, share a queen size bed and save!
1 queen size bed, 2 people per room, en-suite bathroom
Solo Room Option £820
1 queen size bed, 1 person per room, en-suite bathroom
Wednesday 25th – Saturday 28th September 2019
Images by courtesy of Riad Majala